Schaumburg Crash Statistics
Schaumburg is a “small” suburb with 77,082 residents who enjoy going to the indoor water park, The Sculpture Park or spending the day shopping at Woodfield Mall’s shops.
But a perfect day can quickly turn into a nightmare. Illinois Department of Transportation reports the following 2022 crash figures:
- 1,256 total accidents
- 4 fatalities
- 335 injuries
- 223 accidents on Fridays
- 2 – 4 PM is the most dangerous time to be on the road
Weather conditions, such as snow and rain, can impact roadways and lead to accidents, but dry days are the most common for accidents. Driving errors, distractions, and accidents can happen for many reasons.
If you’ve been in a car accident, don’t wait.
Our Schaumburg car accident attorneys are ready and waiting to fight to make you whole again.
Call us for a free consultation at (224) 539-8821.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Anyone who has been in a car accident knows how traumatic the experience can be. Victims will not only need to deal with physical injuries and emotional trauma in the aftermath of a collision, but they may also face significant financial challenges. Medical bills, lost wages, and property damage can quickly add up, leaving a victim feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Fortunately, an experienced personal injury attorney can help car accident victims pursue compensation for their damages.
If you have been in a car accident, you should not try to navigate the complex legal system on your own. By conducting a thorough investigation and building a strong case, our attorneys can help you hold the responsible parties accountable and obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve. The lawyers of Vito & Dollenmaier Law are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those who have been injured. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, we can help you understand your legal options and ensure that you will be fully compensated for your losses.
Assistance With Multiple Types of Schaumburg Car Accidents
Following a motor vehicle collision, victims may encounter multiple types of financial struggles. The costs of medical treatment can be extensive, especially if a person was transported to a hospital in an ambulance, received emergency surgery, was hospitalized, or required ongoing treatment such as physical therapy and medications. If serious injuries have caused a victim to be unable to work for an extended period of time, the loss of income can compound their financial difficulties and leave them struggling to support themselves and their family.
When an accident occurs due to the negligence of another driver or any other party, victims can pursue compensation to address their financial losses and other types of damages, including the pain and suffering they have experienced. Our car accident lawyers can help victims pursue compensation for injuries caused by multiple different forms of negligence, including:
- Distracted driving – There are multiple different issues that can take a driver’s attention away from the road, including texting, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, adjusting the car’s controls, and more. These issues may cause drivers to miss important details and be unable to react in time to avoid colliding with other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Speeding – Drivers who violate speed limits are more likely to lose control of their vehicles, or they may be unable to slow down or stop when necessary, such as when a vehicle in front of them slows down suddenly or when a pedestrian is crossing the road.
- Drunk driving – It is illegal to operate a vehicle after drinking alcohol or using drugs, but many drivers do so anyway. Alcohol and drugs can impair a person’s ability to make sound decisions, pay attention to their surroundings, and react in a timely manner.
- Reckless driving – Drivers who engage in aggressive behaviors on the road, such as weaving in and out of traffic or making sudden lane changes, put themselves and others at risk of being involved in a serious collision.
In addition to addressing dangerous behaviors by other drivers, we can identify other parties who may be liable for a collision. For example, we can determine whether injuries were caused by defective auto parts such as brakes, seat belts, or airbags. We will identify all possible sources of compensation to ensure that you will have the financial resources you need to make a full recovery.
Local Emergency Services
If you’ve been in an accident, the emergency numbers and links below can help:
Schaumburg Police Department
1000 W Schaumburg Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60194
950 W Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg , IL 60194
1024 N Meacham Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
1351 Wright Blvd.
Schaumburg, IL 60193
1601 Roselle Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60195
716 S. Plum Grove Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
2207 Hammond Dr
Schaumburg, IL 60173
519 S Roselle Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193
1375 E Schaumburg Rd #100
Schaumburg, IL 60194
405 W Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60195
Common Injuries We See in Car Accident Cases
Our Schaumburg car accident attorneys know that every car accident is different. Some drivers walk away from an accident unscathed and others have life-altering injuries.
The most common injuries that we see:
- Broken Bones
- Facial Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Sprains and strains
Car accidents can lead to contusions, bruising, fractures, loss of limbs, eye damage and countless other injuries.
Filing your claim as soon as possible is crucial to helping you win your case. Illinois law (735 ILCS 5/13-202) states that you have 2 years from the accident date to file a claim against the at-fault party.
Certain circumstances may extend the statute of limitations.
Property damage claims can be filed for a period of up to five years.
Illinois is a modified comparative negligence state, which means in cases of negligence, you can only seek damages if you’re less than 50% at fault.
While every case is unique, the car accident claims process can be summarized as follows:
- Seeking emergency medical care at the time of the accident.
- Opening an initial claim with the insurance company.
- Comparing and hiring Schaumburg car accident attorneys.
- Gathering evidence and medical documentation (e.g., bills and records).
- Preparing a demand package for the insurance company, which includes copies of your medical bills, records for treatment, witness statements, verification documents of lost wages, total cost of damages, and other pertinent information.
- Accepting a fair settlement for your claim, or filing a lawsuit if you cannot reach a settlement.
Most cases are settled out of the courtroom, but your attorney must be ready and prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
Do I Have a Case?
When a car accident leads to injuries, the effects can be catastrophic on a physical, mental, and financial level. When someone else’s negligence has such a significant and negative impact on your life, you’re left wondering: Can I take legal action? Do I have a case?
There are many factors to consider when determining whether you have a valid car accident claim, including:
- Whether the other party was negligent and at fault for the accident
- The extent of your injuries
- Where the accident occurred
- Whether you were hospitalized for your injuries
- If you need or will need surgery
- The extent of the damage to your vehicle
- Whether you missed time at work
The best way to determine whether you have a case and how much your case is worth is to consult an attorney. An experienced, reputable car accident attorney will analyze all of the details of the accident to determine whether you have a case.
What Is My Case Worth?
Determining how much your case is worth is more complex and requires a full understanding of the circumstances of the accident.
If you do have a case, you can pursue a number of damages in your car accident claim, including:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income from missed time at work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of normal life
- Property damage
- Potential loss of future income if you suffer a long-term injury or disability
- Future medical expenses if your injury requires ongoing care
- Disfigurement or permanent injury
The costs of a car accident can be astronomical. According to the CDC, car accidents cost Americans $75 billion in medical bills, property damage, and lost wages in one recent year.
Seeking compensation can help ease the financial burden that you should never have had to suffer in the first place.
How To Choose the Best Car Accident Lawyer for Me
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Working with an experienced, reliable accident lawyer can mean the difference between a successful claim and walking away with an unfair settlement.
Reputable Schaumburg car accident attorneys will know how to handle your case and alleviate the stress of having to go through the claims process alone.
When choosing an attorney, consider:
- Qualifications: Do they have experience dealing with car accident cases? A lawyer who focuses entirely on car accident cases will know what it takes to succeed, how to negotiate a settlement and understand the challenges that may arise during the claims process.
- Availability: Will the attorney give your case the right amount of attention? Do they have the resources to handle your case? Will they return your calls in a timely manner?
- Fee transparency: Is the attorney upfront and transparent about their fee structure? Make sure that you understand all potential costs and how payment is made.
How the Schaumburg Car Accident Attorneys at Vito & Dollenmaier Law Can Help
The attorneys at Vito & Dollenmaier Law are committed to helping clients achieve the best possible outcomes for their cases. You can be confident that you’ll deal with an attorney every step of the way. In fact, our attorneys handle all client calls, and we return emails or calls in 24 hours.
We have decades of experience handling car accident cases, and each new case we take is handled by all of our attorneys.
Car accident injuries can be life-changing. Don’t put your future in the hands of an inexperienced law firm.
Contact us to discuss your case with our experienced car accident attorneys.